State Health Information Guidance (SHIG)
The State Health Information Guidance (SHIG) is a collaboration of the Center for Data Insights and Innovation with various organizations to develop specific materials to help clarify federal and state laws that affect disclosure and sharing of health information. The SHIG efforts comprise of comprehensive research, drawing from a broad group of stakeholders that reflect cross-industry insights and experience, to get a clear understanding of the problems different groups were facing in the field.
This page provides information on the following SHIG efforts:
- Sharing Behavioral Health Information in California (Volume 1.2 published April 2023)
- Sharing Health Information to Address Food and Nutrition Insecurity in California (Volume 2.1 published April 2023)
- Sharing HIV/AIDS Information in California (Volume 3.1 published April 2023)
- Sharing Health Information of People Living with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities in California (Volume 4.1 published April 2023)
- Sharing Minors and Foster Youth Health Information in California (Volume 5.1 published April 2023)
For general information about the SHIG – refer to the SHIG Fact Sheet.
We strongly encourage all users of the SHIG to read it in its entirety and consult with your legal counsel if you have any questions.
For information about the SHIG, email email@example.com